You can listen to this free workshop over the telephone or connect to a webcast online. This workshop on Understanding the Important Role of Adherence in the Medical Management of Cancer will be held on Wednesday, September 21, 2011 1:30 – 2:30 PM Eastern Time. This is a free Connect Workshop for health care professionals, people living with cancer, their families and friends. Leading experts in oncology provide the most-up-to-date information on the telephone. You can register by calling 1-800-813-4673 or register on line at www.cancercare.org/connect. After you have registered you will receive additional information.
This program is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour to social workers upon verification of completion. This continuing education program has been approved by the Commission on Dietetic Registration for 1.0 Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU) to dieticians, based on a 60 minute contact hour.
Topics covered in the workshop are:
– Managing Cancer in the Oncology Setting
– Our Evolving Understanding of Adherence
– Its Key Role in Managing Cancer and Treatment Side Effects
– Research on Adherence and Clinical Trials
– Psychosocial Barriers to Adherence
– Clinical Interventions to Overcome These Barriers
– Teaching Patients and Caregivers to Plan Ahead for Prescription Refills, Travel, Weekends, Holidays, and
– Recommended Methods to Talk to Patients and Caregivers about Adherence
– questions for Our Panel of Experts